Here’s a simple cake recipe for chocolate lovers: Hershey Bar Cake
Hershey Bar Cake
- 10 ounces Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ cups cake flour
- One 5.5 ounce can Hershey's chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a tube (not bundt) pan.
- Melt the chopped chocolate bars in the top of a double boiler (or in a glass dish in short bursts in the microwave).
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the buttermilk into a small bowl and stir the baking soda into the buttermilk. Alternately mix the buttermilk and flour into the creamed mixture. Mix in the melted chocolate, chocolate syrup and vanilla.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center tests clean. Remove from oven, cool, slide out of the pan, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.