A delicious fall dessert recipe: Apple Harvest Blondies
These beautiful blondie are packed with fresh apples. Little bits of cream cheese swirled into the bars make them rich and delicious.
My husband couldn’t get enough of these. He asked me to ‘please take them away!’
Yield: 24 blondies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Apple Harvest Blondies
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar (divided)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, frozen for 1 hour
- 2 ounces finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl (just until melted). Remove from microwave and stir in 2 cups of brown sugar. Mix well, then add eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Fold in the apples.
- Spread the batter into prepared dish. Chop cream cheese into small bits and mix with nuts, cinnamon and remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Caramel- Pecan Bars with Chocolate Drizzle Next Post »
Hoisin and Honey Glazed Pork Chops