Christmas Candy Recipes: Eggnog Fudge

I’m officially enamored with eggnog. This holiday season, I’ve already whipped up an eggnog bread and eggnog muffins. My husband has been eyeing an eggnog cookie recipe from a holiday cookie magazine that he’d like me to bake. My son has been begging me to make eggnog french toast. And my nephew (a chef) apparently informed my sister that my website is missing a proper recipe for eggnog itself. I guess I’ve got some work to do. I did manage to make a new fudge recipe using eggnog that I found to be quite delicious: Eggnog Fudge.
EggnogFudge4
This is a white chocolate-based confection. Admittedly, I’m not a big fan of white chocolate at all. But this fudge drew me in. It’s a sweet, sweet treat with a mellow eggnog flavor. Freshly grated nutmeg tops it off to make it a bit more festive.
EggnogFudge1
It freezes well, which is a good thing if you don’t wish to have chunks of this lying around.
EggnogFudge2
I must warn you though… it’s just as easy to take a bite out of frozen fudge than it is when it’s at room temperature.

This recipe can be found here:  Eggnog Fudge

26 Responses to “Christmas Candy Recipes: Eggnog Fudge”

Jessica — December 1, 2009 @ 1:04 AM

This looks delicious, I am a huge fudge fan! I love the photos!

Jessica @ How Sweet — December 1, 2009 @ 3:54 AM

This looks so good! My grandmother always made fudge, but never this flavor. Love the idea!

Lauren — December 1, 2009 @ 3:57 AM

Oh wow… this fudge is pure holiday indulgence! I bet it tastes incredible and would make a great hostess gift.

Amanda — December 1, 2009 @ 4:54 AM

Ooooohhhhhh that’s beautiful!!!

Tracy — December 1, 2009 @ 6:29 AM

Wow, does that look amazing! Bookmarking this!

Megan — December 1, 2009 @ 8:26 AM

Oh my! I too am a eggnog junkie as well as my little brother, he will eat this up. I am so making it, thank you for the recipe!

Elizabeth — December 1, 2009 @ 8:53 AM

This looks divine and would be so nice in a tin of treats for the neighbors at Christmas.

Kelsey/TheNaptimeChef — December 1, 2009 @ 11:00 AM

This is the ultimate picture of delicious. I LOVE eggnog and can’t get enough of it. Eggnog and Peppermint anything are my two ultimate holiday vices.

Phoo-D — December 1, 2009 @ 11:18 AM

Gorgeous photos! I have a secret love of eggnog but no one else in my family likes it so I always try to resist buying a carton just for me.

courtney — December 1, 2009 @ 11:37 AM

I love eggnog! and In a fudge. This would be nice on the cookie/sweets tray as well. little bits of delish!

nina — December 1, 2009 @ 11:53 AM

I have never made eggnog so I will patiently wait for the recipe!!! The fudge looks a decadent treat!!!

Jen Schall — December 1, 2009 @ 1:28 PM

Beautiful fudge… I love the pictures. I will have to make some of this for holiday gifts… or maybe just for myself!

VeggieGirl — December 1, 2009 @ 4:41 PM

This is national eggnog month, so you’re all set :-D

Charles Thompson — December 1, 2009 @ 9:24 PM

That is a brilliant idea! Great idea for holiday candy and/or gifts. Thanks!

Sarah, MaisonCupcake — December 2, 2009 @ 2:36 AM

I’ve never had egg nog but I’m game to try it. This looks delicious.

Barbara — December 2, 2009 @ 5:41 AM

Super idea for fudge. I agree- I love eggnog. This would make such a nice hostess gift.

Katrina — December 2, 2009 @ 7:58 AM

I’m not a big white chocolate or eggnog fan, but that certainly looks festive and beautiful!

kellypea — December 2, 2009 @ 12:05 PM

How funny! I’m sipping on some eggnog that’s rather tasty right now. It comes in a cool old-fashioned glass milk bottle and is called Broguiere’s. And since I have so much of it I’ll probably need to bake something as well. Muffins… This fudge turned out very elegantly!

The Cooking Bride — December 2, 2009 @ 6:35 PM

My husband and I get a certain glint in our eye when the store officially start carrying eggnog. What a great idea!

zenchef — December 2, 2009 @ 8:17 PM

Oh my lord! Eggnog fudge!

*faints

ingrid — December 3, 2009 @ 12:11 PM

Goodness, that does sound and look good. I love eggnog myself and am looking for a eggnog layered cake recipe. You hiding one? As a matter of fact I think I made and blogged about an overnite eggnog bundt cake of yours. :) Now I’m gonna check out those muffins you mentioned.
    ~ingrid

Patricia Scarpin — December 4, 2009 @ 5:19 AM

This is wonderful! What a treat – anyone who gets these as a gift will be happy!

chris — December 9, 2009 @ 7:57 AM

Forget your nephew! You do a wonderful job with this web site and I love the pictures. If one wasn’t much of a fan of Eggnog, these pictures should make them a believer. We are supposed to have a storm to end all storms today and tonight, so I am going to make this. Thanks for sharing.

Chels R. — December 7, 2011 @ 10:09 AM

Thank you so much for this awesome recipe. This was my first time ever making fudge and it wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be. I used this recipe this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge which was Fudge. You can check it out on my blog :)

Hearty Appletite — December 7, 2011 @ 5:18 PM

Chasing this recipe over from a fudge challenge. Looks delish! Come check out my orange infused fudge. Yum!

Laura — December 24, 2011 @ 12:07 AM

Definitely an interesting and unique recipe! The flavor is good, but people who are considering making this should know that it is VERY VERY rich and sweet (even for fudge). I brought it to a few holiday parties, and while people generally seemed to think it tasted fine, several people also commented on how very sweet it was and I noticed that nobody took more than one piece. Since the recipe makes several pieces of fudge, I’d suggest making this for a large gathering where there will be several dessert options available.