Totally decadent and perfect: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
It seems like no one makes their own pies these days. You see them at the market or at Costco, and it’s easy enough to just pick one up already made. But did you know that pies are so much better when you make them yourself?
It’s time to make a pie! This pie recipe here is NO BAKE… so it’s even easier to make!
The layers in this pie are what make it so fabulous. There is a peanutty crust topped with a layer of chocolate. A creamy peanut butter filling sits in the middle of the pie. And a chocolate whipped cream layer sits on top.
This is the stuff dreams are made of!
See how perfectly this pie cuts? When refrigerated, those layers set up so nicely… and the slices look so pretty to serve.
So will you be making your own pie next time you need one?
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/4 cups dry-roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- pinch of ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Prepare the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Pulse the peanuts, granulated sugar and cloves in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Pulse in the butter. Press the nut mixture evenly into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan and bake until set, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a glass bowl, melt the chocolate with the cream in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth, and then spread the chocolate over the crust. Freeze the crust while making the filling.
- Prepare the filling: Whisk the milk, eggs, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until just beginning to boil. Reduce heat slightly and continue to cook until the consistency of mayonnaise, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk in the cream cheese, peanut butter, and vanilla. Spread evenly over the chocolate and refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- Prepare the topping: Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth; cool slightly. Use an electric mixer to whip the cream with the powdered sugar until it holds slightly stiff peaks. Stir a large spoonful of the cream into the chocolate and then fold all the chocolate into the cream. Remove the pie from the pan. Spread the cream topping onto the pie with an offset spatula. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, be sure to use brands of chocolate and peanut butter than are known to be GF.
Here are a few more peanut butter pie recipes you might enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Pie by Recipe Boy
- Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Pie by Recipe Girl
- Frozen Reeses Peanut Butter Pie by Dashing Dish
- Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie by A Cup of Jo