This Black Eyed Cabbage Salad is tossed with an Asian style dressing and topped with crispy Chow Mein noodles.
Black Eyed Cabbage Salad
Prep Time:20 minutes
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, either toasted or sautéed in butter
- 1/8 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 container chow mein noodles
- Toss salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to mix.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with dressing (amount to taste), and chow mein noodles.
- To add extra crunch, add sliced green onions, diced green bell peppers, chopped celery or sliced water chestnuts.
- You may also use Bernstein's Lite Fantastic Oriental dressing and/or add raw Ramen noodles (minus the seasoning packet.)