This easy recipe for Candy Cane Fudge is both festive and delicious for the holidays…
True Story: One holiday season a few years back, I made 23 different kinds of cookies and candies. I used them to assemble fabulous platters to gift to friends and neighbors. Everyone seemed to admire my willingness to go all-out and make homemade sweets, and I loved taking in the joy on people’s faces when they received their gift platters. It’s looking like that scenario may just happen again this year. I’m on the hunt for easy sweets to include on those gift platters. This recipe for Candy Cane Fudge is the first holiday sweet treat I’ve made this season. There are many more to come!
Do you have these Candy Cane Kisses in your life? If not, then you need to resolve that pronto. They are SOOOO good. They’re addicting-good. I’ve spotted them at drugstores and at Target too. If you buy the “family size” bag of them at Target, you’ll have enough for this recipe. And you’ll probably want to buy more than that since they’re kind of fun to have around for munching too.
The fudge is super simple to make. It only has 4 ingredients, and you don’t need to use a candy thermometer or anything crazy like that. Just heat the ingredients together, pour the fudge into a pan, chill and cut. EASY.
And I’d say it makes for a very pretty piece of fudge. It’s creamy and soft and delicious. I can’t wait to add these to my holiday platters this year (they are currently in my freezer… where they are HOPEFULLY safe from people who often crave sweets in my house!)
Happy holiday baking and making! Let me know what’s on your list to make this year 🙂
Candy Cane Fudge
- 18 ounces Hersheys Candy Cane Kisses (unwrapped)
- One 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large candy canes, crushed
- Spray an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick spray. Then line with waxed paper so that the waxed paper comes up two sides (you'll want to use those two sides later, like a handle, to pull the fudge out of the pan).
- In a medium glass or pyrex bowl, combine the Kisses, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Microwave in 30 second bursts until all is melted and smooth (stir after each burst). Alternately, this can be done in a double boiler. Heat until melted.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top and press gently to adhere. Chill for at least 2 hours, or until fudge is completely cooled and hardened.
- Loosen up the other sides of the fudge in the pan by using a knife. Use the waxed paper like handles and wiggle it out of the pan. Peel off the waxed paper and place the fudge slab on a cutting board. Cut and serve, or store in a covered container (at room temperature or in the freezer) until ready to serve.