This quick and easy Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas recipe is a delicious and healthy, family-friendly favorite.
Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas
- One 16 ounce jar medium salsa, divided
- Two 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
- One 8 ounce package cream cheese (low fat is okay)
- One 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 2½ cups shredded or chopped roasted chicken
- Ten 8 inch flour tortillas
- One 8 ounce package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- Extra toppings: shredded lettuce, guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped red onion, halved grape tomatoes, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir together ¼ cup salsa and enchilada sauce, and set aside.
- Microwave cream cheese in a medium microwave safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until very soft. Add spinach, chicken and remaining salsa, and stir until blended.
- Spoon a heaping ⅓ cup of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam-sides down, in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce mixture evenly over top of rolled tortillas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.