Great recipe for company: Easy Ramen Salad
This is one of those recipes that is so surprisingly popular when you put it on your dinner table… or when you serve it up at parties. It’s usually one of the first things to disappear! People find those Ramen noodles irresistible. I know it seems weird, but they totally work in this salad!! A tangy dressing marinates the dry noodles… turning them into a good texture for inclusion in a salad.
This recipe comes from Chrissy Teigen’s brand new first cookbook: Cravings: Recipes for all the Food You Want to Eat. Chrissy is known for many things– she was a Sport’s Illustrated swimsuit model, she’s a TV personality, she is huge on both Twitter and Instagram, and she is married to John Legend. So you might think, “Oh man, this must be one of those awful celeb cookbooks!” NOPE. Chrissy grew up surrounded by food and cooking. Her love for it all is evident in her first cookbook.
Here are several recipes in the book– so you can get an idea of what it’s like: Pull-Apart Buttermilk Biscuits with Sausage Gravy, French Toast Casserole with Salted Frosted Flakes, Butternut Squash Soup with Prosciutto Crisps, Split Pea Soup with Crispy Hot Dogs, Sriracha Caesar Salad, Butter Lettuce with Blue Cheese and Cayenne-Candied Walnuts, Actual Drunken Noodles, Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Cornbread, John’s Fried Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter, Frito Pie Bar, Mexican Street Corn, Ham and Cheese Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Chili and Mustard-Glazed Salmon Fillets, Risotto with Porcini Mushrooms and Peas, Pineapple Grilled Short Ribs and Better-Than-Ina’s Roast Chicken and Vegetables. SEE? It’s a great cookbook- full of delicious recipes and lots of photos.
I remember making a version of this salad back in my college days. Chrissy has changed up the old version to make this one her own. It’s so fun to see a classic recipe like this in a new cookbook– because OBVIOUSLY it’s a salad that is still majorly well-loved by all.
You should totally try this salad for your next gathering. Get back to me and let me know how much everyone loved it. And be sure to buy Chrissy’s book! I’ve not met her (omg, I’d die), but she did talk about one of my cakes on social media and a TV show once upon a time– a funny story about how she forgot to remove the parchment paper from the cake when assembling it. We’re practically BFF’s, right?! 🙂
You can purchase Chrissy Teigen’s book here>> CRAVINGS
Easy Ramen Salad
- Three 3 ounce packages chicken flavored ramen
- One 12 ounce package broccoli slaw
- 1 cuo frozen peas
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- Set the seasoning packets from the ramen aside. Crush the ramen noodles into a salad bowl, then add the slaw, peas and corn and toss.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar and ramen seasoning packets; microwave on high for 1 minute. Pour the hot dressing over the slaw mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight).
- Toss in the sunflower seeds just before serving.
- Note: I left the red onion out of this recipe, but you can certainly add in 1 cup of thinly sliced red onion if you'd like!
Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post.
This looks like such a great side dish to bring to a picnic! It’s so colorful and pretty!
I can’t wait to try this one. It looks yummy. And so easy.
Amazing! Looks so colorful and delicious. I would love to try this recipe at home with the help of your blog. Thanks
The salad looks delicious however I wasn’t able to see the recipe, was it it there or was this just a prompt to buy the book first?
Hi Diane- are you able to see the recipe now? I added it in early this AM… goof on my part- sorry!