This Elegante Bruschetta is perfect for a dinner party.
But it’s also perfect for a football party or game day or comfort food Sunday! It’s like eating pizza with all of your favorite toppings on a baguette. We love this!
Not your typical bruschetta recipe, this Elegante Bruschetta is appealing to the eye with red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, prosciutto and cheese- all delicious ingredients all in one place!
Yield: 16 appetizers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium baguette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded + ribs removed, and chopped finely
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded + ribs removed, and chopped finely
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 3 green onions, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or Asiago cheese
- 4 ounces mushrooms, cut into thin slices
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- chopped Italian parsley for garnish, optional
- Slice baguette lengthwise into halves. Place cut side up on baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, 1 tablespoon Romano and pepper in bowl and mix well. Spread over each of the bread halves. Distribute bell pepper, tomatoes and green onions on each bread half. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with mushrooms and prosciutto.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 min. or until the cheese melts.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Cut into small slices (about 16). Sprinkle with freshly grated Romano. Top with Italian parsley, if desired.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 piece of bruschetta)
- Calories 177, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2.8g, Sugar .88g, Fiber 1.4g, Protein 9g, Cholesterol 16.8mg, Carbohydrates 17.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per 1 piece: Freestyle SmartPoints: 3, SmartPoints: 3, Points Plus: 5, Old Points Program: 4
Here are a few more bruschetta recipes you might enjoy:
- Steakhouse Bruschetta by Noble Pig
- Grilled Cheese Guacamole and Bacon Bruschetta by Recipe Girl
- Easy Balsamic Bruschetta by Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- Roasted Butternut Squash Bruschetta by Recipe Girl