Ginger Spice Cake is fabulous served with a scoop of pumpkin ice cream.
Ginger Spice Cake
This cake is fabulous served with a scoop of pumpkin ice cream.
Servings: 9 servings
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray, or if you have a 9-inch springform pan or cake pan, you can go with that instead.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt and nutmeg into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer (hand or stand version) to beat the eggs on high speed until very thick, about 5 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Reduce the speed to low, and add in the flour mixture alternately with the whipping cream, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top springs back when touched lightly, about 35 to 40 minutes. Watch closely because you don’t want to over-bake or the cake will be dry.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the hot cake, cut into squares or wedges. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 279kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 248mg, Potassium: 74mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 451IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 86mg, Iron: 1mg