This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Greek Dinner Party- Drinks & Appetizers.
Goat Cheese with Olives, Lemon and Thyme
- ½ cup assorted olives, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- One 4-ounce log goat cheese
- In a small skillet, heat the olives, thyme, oil, zest, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper in a over low heat until fragrant (do not simmer). Cool to room temperature.
- Spread the goat cheese onto a platter and then spread the olive mixture over the goat cheese. Serve with flatbread.
- Rosemary Flatbread is wonderful to serve with this. It's easy to make, and if you put large shards of it surrounding the goat cheese, your guests can break apart desired-sized pieces on which to spread the goat cheese.
- This dish can be prepared 2 hours ahead and kept covered, at room temperature.