These Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are a hot and cheesy, delicious appetizer!
I make stuffed mushrooms often at my house. Sometimes I make them as an appetizer to be passed around at parties with friends. And sometimes I just make them for my husband and I to enjoy with a little wine to celebrate happy hour. Either way, they are a fabulous snack.
These goat cheese mushrooms come out of the oven with melted goat cheese in a tender baked mushroom. Fresh thyme and onion round out the flavors. They’re so yummy!
- fresh mushrooms
- unsalted butter
- chopped onion
- crumbled goat cheese
- chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
This recipe makes about 8 goat cheese stuffed mushrooms- depending on the size of the mushrooms that you choose to use. Generally, you can assume that each person will enjoy two stuffed mushrooms. But if you really like them a lot, you may wish to have four available for each person. Double or triple the recipe, as you wish!
They’re so cheesy and wonderful. If you love goat cheese, then you will certainly love these goat cheese stuffed mushrooms. Enjoy!
Is there another cheese I can use besides goat cheese?
Yes! I recommend substituting crumbled feta cheese for the goat cheese if you prefer feta. Feta cheese is generally made from sheep’s milk. They both have a tangy flavor. And they’re both excellent cheeses to use for making stuffed mushrooms.
Easy Appetizers to Serve at a Party:
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Cranberry Meatballs
- Artichoke Bruschetta
- Easy Pigs in a Blanket
- Texas Tortilla Roll Ups
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Separate the mushroom stems from the caps. Finely chop the stems (cutting and discarding the rough ends) and set aside the caps.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over low heat and sauté the onion in the butter until soft. Add the mushroom stems and cook until the liquid evaporates (about 5 min). Remove from heat and add the cheese, mixing well. Stir in the seasonings.
- Brush the mushroom caps lightly with olive oil. Fill each with the cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve hot.
- Substitute feta cheese for the goat cheese if you wish.