These Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs are a fantastic twist on classic deviled eggs.
Everyone loves seeing deviled eggs at a party. Make them a little different this time, and add in smoked salmon! I promise it’s not weird. It just adds some great flavor, which is a little bit salty and all kinds of delicious!
- hard-boiled eggs
- Dijon mustard
- smoked salmon
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh dill
How to make hard-boiled eggs:
The absolute best way to make hard-boiled eggs is to use the Instant Pot. If you have an Instant Pot, follow directions for making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. I never make them any way anymore because they turn out so perfect. The shells slip off nicely, and the shells don’t stick to the egg!
Alternately, you can make hard boiled eggs on the stove. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from the hot water, cool and peel.
How to make Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Cut hard boiled eggs in half. Scoop out the yolks into a bowl and mash them. Combine the mashed yolks with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, smoked salmon, lemon juice and pepper. Add in dill, to taste.
Spoon or pipe the filling into the egg halves.
Garnish each smoked salmon deviled egg with a caper on top. Add a little more of the smoked salmon too. That gives people a little hint that there’s more in there than just mashed egg.
These smoked salmon deviled eggs are some delicious deviled eggs! You might like to try my recipe for bacon balsamic deviled eggs too. Enjoy!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped (plus a little extra for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped dill to taste (or dried)
- 24 capers, rinsed and drained
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks. Mash the yolks and then add the mayonnaise, Dijon, salmon, lemon juice and pepper. Add dill to taste. If you're using fresh, you will not need as much as the dried to add flavor. Stir to blend.
- Pipe the filling into the egg halves, using a large star tip, and then top each with a caper at the peak, plus a tiny piece of smoked salmon, if desired.
- Refrigerate these for at least an hour before serving to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a large saucepan with cold water. Bring to a boil, then cover, remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Cool and then peel.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just make sure the brand of mayonnaise you are using does not contain any gluten.