Salmon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes are appetizers stuffed with a delicious salmon salad. They are the perfect summery appetizer using fresh tomatoes!
This appetizer is fabulous to add to a menu for a party or happy hour. Everyone appreciates a low carb appetizer choice, and these are definitely lower in carbs. The recipe calls for using canned salmon. If you have fresh cooked salmon on hand (or leftovers), you can certainly opt to use that instead.
- canned salmon
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- chopped black olives
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh chives
How to make Salmon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Stuff the salmon salad mixture into the hollowed-out tomatoes. Sprinkle all of the stuffed salmon cherry tomatoes with fresh chives.
What’s the best way to scoop the pulp out of cherry tomatoes?
For this recipe, you want the tomatoes to be neatly hollowed out. The best (and cleanest) way to scoop the pulp out of little tomatoes is to use a tomato corer/scooper. It’s a handy gadget to have around, and it works perfectly for hollowing out cherry tomatoes.
How do you get cherry tomatoes to stand up on a platter?
If you place cherry tomatoes on a platter, they’re likely to fall over sideways or roll around when the platter is moved. You don’t want that to happen! If you slice a small piece off the bottom of each tomato, then they will have a base on which to sit. The newly flattened base will help prevent the tomatoes from getting roly poly on the platter.
Refrigerate these beautiful salmon stuffed cherry tomatoes until you are ready to serve them. They’re sure to be a big hit. Enjoy!
The Best Appetizer Recipes:
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Artichoke Bruschetta
- Easy Pigs in a Blanket
- Baked Jalapeño Poppers
Salmon-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- One 7.5 ounce can salmon
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives
- ½ stalk celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- 2 dashes salt
- 24 large cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Drain salmon and remove skin and bones. Flake salmon and blend with mayonnaise, olives, celery, lemon juice, horseradish and salt.
- Slice the tops from the cherry tomatoes with a very sharp serrated knife. Remove the pulp with a tomato corer/scooper and discard.
- Stuff the salmon mixture into the tomatoes and sprinkle with chives.
- It's easiest to get the pulp out of the cherry tomatoes with a small grapefruit spoon or tomato scooper/corer.
- To prevent these prepared appetizers from rolling around on the platter, gently slice the bottom of the tomato to create a flat surface.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that you are using a brand of mayonnaise that is GF.