This Easy Pigs in a Blanket recipe bakes these mini blanket-wrapped cocktail franks into a pull-apart ring that is perfect for serving as finger food at a party.
When I think of the best scenario in which to serve this comfort food appetizer, I think of a gathering of relatives, happy hours with friends, lazy Sundays, or Super Bowl! Serve Easy Pigs in a Blanket along with my bacon wrapped tater tots, a gooey chili-cheese dip and some easy taco salad cups for the best selection of comfort food goodies! This is a simple recipe to make with easy-to-find ingredients.
- cocktail franks
- crescent dough
- Dijon mustard
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
How to make Easy Pigs in a Blanket:
Unroll the crescent dough onto a work surface and brush the whole thing with Dijon mustard. Then pull apart the crescent triangles and cut them in half lengthwise to make two skinnier triangles. Place a cocktail frank on the long side of the triangle and roll it up.
Place the rolled-up piggies in two concentric circles with all of the piggies touching each other.
Brush a mixture of melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder on top.
And then they’re ready for the oven! If you are making them ahead and would like to wait to bake later, just wrap them with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. If baking right away, they’ll bake for about 20 minutes.
They bake all snuggled up next to each other, and will stick together slightly. When serving, people can just pull them off the platter. They’ll pull away easily.
And there you have it- lovely, flaky, buttery, crust-wrapped mini hot dogs. These are an indulgent treat that everyone loves.
Eat them plain, or offer mustard and/or ketchup for dipping. If you like making recipes with these little cocktail franks, you might also enjoy my Easy Lil’ Smokies recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Pigs in Blanket
- One 12-ounce package cocktail franks
- Two 8-ounce tubes refrigerated crescent dough
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the crescent dough, lay it on a work surface and brush it with mustard. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise to create two skinnier triangles.
- Place one frank on each wide end of the dough, then roll up and arrange on prepared sheet in two concentric circles, making sure the dough on both circles touches.
- Combine the melted butter with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush the butter mixture on the pigs in blankets. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes. Serve with ketchup and mustard.