This 3-Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip is awesome because sometimes you just need a recipe that is quick and brainless.
It’s great to be able to keep ingredients on hand for when you need to whip something up really quick. You know… for when neighbors or friends stop by unexpectedly and you want to throw a little something together. Keep these three ingredients on hand (plus some chips), and you will be able to whip up a hot appetizer in 10 minutes!
- cream cheese
- can of chili
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Chili Cheese Dip:
Spread cream cheese into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. It’s easiest to use a glass pyrex pan since you will be heating it in the microwave.
Next spread a can of chili on top of the cream cheese. It can be a bean chili or a meat chili or whatever chili you like.
Shredded cheddar cheese is sprinkled on top of the chili. Use mild or sharp. Or if there is another kind of cheese you prefer, then use that!
Microwave for 5 minutes. That’s it!
Serve immediately while it is nice and hot. Serve with regular tortilla chips or nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips for dunking.
It’s best to provide some individual dishes so people can spoon some of the dip into their own dish and use chips to dunk. You don’t really want everyone dipping into the same dish, and this will help prevent any double dipping from happening too. Enjoy!
Here are a few more 3-ingredient appetizer recipes you might enjoy:
- Spicy Hummus Avocado Dip
- Slow Cooker Corn Dip
- Easy Lil’ Smokies Appetizer
- Creamy Avocado Dip
- Easy Salami Appetizer
Chili Cheese Dip
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- One 15-ounce can chili
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Nacho- cheese or regular tortilla chips, for dipping
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of a 9x13-inch (or a little smaller) microwave-safe dish. Spread chili over cream cheese. Top with a layer of shredded cheese. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
1. is there a specific canned chili that you use as a go-to? is it both meat and bean?
2. Do you recommend mild or sharp cheddar?
It’s really all a matter of preference. I don’t have a go-to brand… meat chili or both meat/bean. Doesn’t matter! I always like to use sharp cheddar for more flavor.
My mom made this regularly when we were growing up. It’s an oldie but goodie! Sometimes you just a quick and easy 3-ingredient recipe!