This recipe for Corn Dog Muffins is perfect for Super Bowl, tailgate parties, kid parties and adult parties too! Everyone seems to love them. Watch the video showing you how to make Corn Dog Muffins, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make these at home.
Corn dog muffins are so simple to make because you start with a simple boxed cornbread mix. Cheese and chopped hot dogs are swirled in (use Lil’ Smokies, if you’d like), and you can put out ketchup and mustard for dipping.
They’re the perfect sort of finger food. People always think they’re a good thing to put out for the children at the party… but the adults end up gobbling them all up!
Regular corn dogs or corn dog bites are deep fried. Corn Dog Muffins are baked, and they’re so much better anyways. Cornbread with a few chunks of hot dog and some cheese mixed in. Who doesn’t love that? I like to put out an array of dipping “sauces.” My favorites are sour cream and honey mustard. Most people will probably go for the ketchup and mustard though. These are always a bit hit at my parties!
If you’re looking for more kid-friendly appetizer recipes, you might also enjoy my Pizza Pinwheels or these Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites. Easy Lil’ Smokies, Puff Pastry Bacon Pinwheels and Texas Tortilla Roll Ups are also fun choices for kids!
Corn Dog Muffins
This is a super delicious, family friendly appetizer to serve at parties!
- 2 8.5-ounce packages corn bread mix (Jiffy brand works great)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 9 hot dogs, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ketchup, mustard, sour cream, honey mustard (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, stir together cornbread mix and brown sugar. In a small bowl whisk together eggs and milk, and then stir into dry mixture until moistened. Mix in hot dogs and cheese.
- Spoon a good tablespoonful into muffin tins, making sure you get some hot dog in each spoonful.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for about 10 to 15 minutes in the pan before removing. For easy removal, cut around outsides of the muffins, then tip upside down onto a large cutting board and urge the muffins out using a knife to tap the bottoms of the muffin tins. They should slide right out.
- Serve warm with desired dipping sauces (I recommend ketchup and mustard!)
- *Alternately, you can use your favorite cornbread mix, follow the instructions on the box, add in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and mix in chopped hot dogs too. If your favorite cornbread mix doesn't have a sweet element to it, add in 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- *You can use paper liners if you'd like.