As far as I’m concerned, all deviled eggs deserve the royal treatment. This Deviled Eggs Deluxe recipe has a little bit of crunch to the filling. Add more tabasco if you like things spicy!
Deviled Eggs Deluxe
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup (or more, to taste) mayonnaise (low fat is okay)
- salt to taste
- dash of tabasco, or more to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Carefully cut eggs in half. Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl; mash together with celery, onion, mayo, salt and Tabasco.
- Stuff the egg halves with egg yolk mixture. If you'd like them to look pretty, pipe them into the egg through an icing bag tip. You'll need to use a wide tip so the chunky stuff doesn't get stuck. Sprinkle eggs with paprika.
- Chill, covered, in the refrigerator until serving.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of mayonnaise that is known to be GF.