As far as I’m concerned, all deviled eggs deserve the royal treatment. This Deviled Eggs Deluxe recipe has a little bit of crunch to the filling. Add more Tabasco sauce if you like things a little spicier!
What’s the best way to make hard-boiled eggs for Deviled Eggs Deluxe?
The absolute best way to make hard-boiled eggs is to use the Instant Pot. If you have an Instant Pot, follow directions for making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. I never make them any way anymore because they turn out so perfect. The shells slip off nicely, and the shells don’t stick to the egg!
Alternately, you can make hard boiled eggs on the stove. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from the hot water, cool and peel.
Make my deviled eggs deluxe recipe for a party or a holiday gathering. People tend to love deviled eggs. These are the classic recipe stepped up a little bit with some sweet onion and celery added in and a little spice from Tabasco sauce too.
Here are a few more egg appetizer recipes you might like to try:
- Bacon Balsamic Deviled Eggs
- Egg Salad Cups with Smoked Salmon and Dill
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Keto Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sliders
- Avocado Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
Deviled Eggs Deluxe
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup very finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup very finely chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup (or more, to taste) mayonnaise (low fat is okay)
- salt to taste
- dash of tabasco, or more to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove from the hot water, cool and peel.
- Carefully cut the eggs in half. Remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl; mash together with the celery, onion, mayo, salt and tabasco.
- Stuff the egg halves with the egg yolk mixture. If you'd like them to look pretty, pipe them into the egg through an icing bag tip. You'll need to use a wide tip so the chunky stuff doesn't get stuck. Sprinkle the eggs with paprika.
- Chill, covered, in the refrigerator until serving.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use a brand of mayonnaise that is known to be GF.