I have news! I moved! Let’s celebrate my new backyard today with these Avocado Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches.
These are a fun finger-food goodie to include in your summer celebrations. Everyone loves a good egg salad sandwich, and it’s even better when you can pick it up and eat it in two bites! Adding avocado to egg salad is an excellent idea because avocado makes everything taste fabulous!
These sandwiches begin with perfectly hard-boiled eggs. I have a method I use that works every single time.
How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs:
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Then turn off the heat, cover the pan and let sit for 15 minutes. Transfer the boiled eggs to a bowl of ice water, then peel and they are ready for eating or using in recipes. Eggs that are one week old work better for hard-boiling than fresher eggs.
This avocado egg salad tea sandwiches recipe is made with the addition of avocado. I also add a little celery and mustard to crunch and flavor.
Probably many of you know that I have been living in the mountains between Reno and Tahoe for the last four years. We made a decision to leave the area, and now we are living in Scottsdale, Arizona! Our son is going to finish up high school here, and we are excited about our new adventure. Since we arrived, we have been celebrating our backyard every single day. If you hadn’t heard, Arizona is mighty warm in the summer months. Though I must admit, it’s not nearly as hot and awful as I thought it would be. Having a backyard with a pool, misters, and a covered eating area with fans really helps a lot!
Last weekend, we gathered as a family and took time to reflect on our move and celebrate our new adventure. I made these Avocado Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches for us to munch on while we hung out in the backyard. They are the perfect blend of delicious egg salad and a little crunch added in too.
Oh, and our dog… Tessie the Labradoodle… seems to love her new home so far. Fetching balls in the pool has been great fun for her.
The area we’re in is full of gorgeous sunsets and great restaurants. We hope to get involved in the community and meet new friends too. Moving can be a scary thing, but it’s also fun to explore and try something new. I hope you make these avocado egg salad tea sandwiches and enjoy them as much as we did!
Here are a few more egg salad recipes you might enjoy:
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Cheddar- Bacon Egg Salad
- Egg Salad Cups with Smoked Salmon and Dill
- Deviled Egg Salad
- Lemon- Caper Egg Salad
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs (see Recipe Notes below)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- celery salt, salt and pepper, to taste
- 14 slices white bread
- 28 thin slices cucumber
MAKE THE AVOCADO EGG SALAD:
- Place the hard-boiled eggs in a large shallow bowl and mash the eggs with a fork until they are in very small pieces. Add the celery.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayo, avocado, mustard, celery salt, salt and pepper. Add to the egg and stir to combine.
- Cut the crusts off the white bread and cut in half twice (4 equal pieces per slice).
ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICHES:
- Place a slice of cucumber on one slice of bread, add a spoonful of egg salad, and top with another slice of bread. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the sandwiches on a platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- FOR PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS: Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Then turn off the heat, cover the pan and let sit for 15 minutes. Transfer the boiled eggs to a bowl of ice water, then peel and they are ready for eating or using in recipes. Eggs that are one week old work better for hard-boiling than fresher eggs.