If you’re looking for the best Egg Salad Sandwiches, this egg salad has always been a very popular recipe!
If you happen to have some hard-boiled eggs on hand, you most definitely need to use some of them for making Egg Salad Sandwiches. And if you don’t have any in your refrigerator right now, I’ve included instructions below for making the most perfect hard-boiled eggs ever. This recipe makes enough egg salad to create about 5 sandwiches using your favorite bread.
How to make Egg Salad Sandwiches:
Be sure to scroll to the end of this post to print out the complete recipe so you can make these sandwiches at home. In this recipe, chopped hard boiled eggs are combined with mayonnaise and a little bit of mustard. I like to use light mayonnaise, but you can use any mayonnaise that you prefer. Fresh dill and a small amount of onion and dill pickle are added in too. These ingredients give the egg salad the perfect amount of flavor and tang.
Using Fresh Dill vs. Dried Dill:
I know it’s not ideal to buy fresh dill for just one recipe like these Egg Salad Sandwiches, but the egg salad will be most delicious using fresh dill. You can use any leftover dill to make things like Lemon-Dill Rice, Dilled Potato Salad with Feta and Grilled Salmon with Spinach and Yogurt Dill Sauce.
If you would like to substitute dried dill for the fresh dill, use 1 teaspoon of dried dill in place of the 1 tablespoon of fresh dill.
How to make the best hard-boiled eggs:
Older eggs will be easier to peel when they are hard-boiled. So if you know you’re going to be making hard-boiled eggs, plan ahead and buy your eggs a week or two ahead of time. Put your eggs in a saucepan and cover the eggs with and inch or two of water filling the pot above the eggs. Heat on high until the water comes to a rolling boil. Then, turn off the heat, cover the pan with a lid and let sit for 12 to 15 minutes. Then drain the water, and move the eggs to a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking more.
Tip: Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water. That’s supposed to help keep the eggs from cracking, and it may help with making the eggs easier to peel as well.
Making hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot is easy too. I follow this method.
Stuff two slices of your favorite bread with the egg salad. Sometimes I add lettuce and tomato too. Enjoy!
Here are a few more sandwich recipes you might like to try:
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Cajun Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- Italian Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches
- Dad’s Denver Sandwiches
- Salmon BLT Sandwiches
- Club Sandwich
Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped finely
- Stir together all ingredients except eggs. Mix well. Gently stir in eggs. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Spread on desired bread and serve.
- Nutritional information is for the egg salad only (not the bread).
- If you are preparing this recipe as Gluten-Free, just be sure to use brands of mayonnaise and mustard that are known to be GF.