Great, easy dinner recipe for the whole family: Salmon BLT Sandwiches
I’m a lover of salmon. And I’m an even bigger lover of bacon. So this sandwich is a no brainer! It’s dressed with a simple caper mayonnaise and loaded with green leaf lettuce and heirloom tomatoes. OH, and salmon and bacon too… all on a buttery toasted roll.
My son and I made these for dinner last week, and I don’t think we said a word to each other the entire time we were eating dinner. We simply gobbled up these Salmon BLT’s and then discussed how incredibly good they were!
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons chopped capers
- 2 drizzles olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 fillets salmon (long and thin to fit a sub roll)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 sub rolls
- green leaf lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 strips bacon (cooked until crisp)
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo and capers. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (or preheat grill).
- Place the salmon fillets on a pan, drizzle them with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or just until cooked through (or grill the salmon!)
- Meanwhile, butter the rolls and toast them under the broiler for a couple of minutes, or until golden.
- Divide the caper mayo between the two rolls. Top each with lettuce, salmon, tomato slices and bacon. Serve!