Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches are made with the best chicken salad. Add lettuce and tomato for the perfect sandwich!
Sometimes you just need a good sandwich. And these Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches are good sandwiches! This is a lightly creamy chicken salad with a little bit of crunch and delicious flavors. It’s simply served as a sandwich on your favorite bread.
- chopped roasted chicken
- green onion
- smoked almonds
- plain yogurt
- Dijon mustard
- fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- whole grain bread
- lettuce and/or tomato
How to make Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches:
This recipe couldn’t be much easier. You’ll combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Then it’s a good idea to wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour (but longer is better!) The chill time will give the flavors a chance to meld, and it will actually taste much better after chilling.
When ready to serve, put chicken salad on a slice of bread. Add lettuce and/or tomato, if desired. Top with another slice of bread, and that’s it. Enjoy!
Substitution ideas and Tips for making the best sandwich:
- Leave out the yogurt, and make the chicken salad with all mayonnaise. You can use all yogurt too, but it will have a more tangy flavor.
- Use chopped roasted turkey in place of chicken.
- Try using toasted slivered almonds or toasted pecans in place of the smoked almonds.
- Use fresh chopped dill in place of the fresh rosemary.
- Your favorite bread will work just fine. Toast it, if you’d like!
- Turn these chicken almond salad sandwiches into a salad instead! Just put some of the chicken salad onto a bed of lettuce and add additional vegetables, as desired.
Tips for making this recipe WW friendly:
If you are following the WW program, leave out the bread and serve this chicken salad on a bed of lettuce instead. Divide the chicken salad into 5 equal servings, and that will be your serving size. Use light mayonnaise and nonfat yogurt for an even lighter chicken salad. For those on the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card at the end of this post. These points are for the chicken salad, not the full sandwich!
Here are a few more sandwich recipes you might like to try:
- Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Cajun Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
- Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- Italian Sandwich Sliders
- Italian Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches
Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped smoked almonds
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices whole grain bread
- 5 lettuce leaves
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread and lettuce. Stir well and chill for about an hour.
- Divide the chicken mixture between 5 bread slices. Top with lettuce leaves and the remaining bread.
- Cut the sandwiches on the diagonal and serve.
- To lighten up this recipe a little bit, use fat free yogurt and light mayonnaise.
- WEIGHT WATCHERS points are calculated without using the bread.