A delicious chicken salad recipe: Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches
Chicken Almond Salad Sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 minutes + chill time
- 3 cups roasted chicken breasts, chopped and chilled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 10 slices whole grain bread
- 5 lettuce leaves
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread and lettuce. Stir well and chill for about an hour.
- Divide chicken mixture between 5 bread slices. Top with lettuce leaves and remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches on the diagonal and serve.
- To lighten up this recipe, use fat free yogurt and light mayonnaise.