These simple open-faced sandwiches are SO good: Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled Eggplant, Tomato and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
This delicious recipe is a favorite when you want something a little different.
Servings: 6 servings (1 sandwich)
- ½ cups chopped, seeded fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small eggplant, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- olive oil
- Six 1-inch thick slices French bread
- 9 ounces soft mild goat cheese (or honey goat cheese)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil and red wine vinegar. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (or preheat broiler). Brush 6 eggplant slices lightly with olive oil (reserve the remaining eggplant for another use). Brush the bread lightly with olive oil. Grill the eggplant and bread until golden, about 4 minutes per side for eggplant and 2 minutes per side for bread.
- Arrange the bread slices on plates. Spread the goat cheese on top, dividing evenly. Top with the eggplant slices and season with salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, mound the tomato mixture on the eggplant, spread to cover and serve.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 364kcal, Carbohydrates: 42g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 682mg, Potassium: 350mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 785IU, Vitamin C: 7mg, Calcium: 100mg, Iron: 3mg