I made these Goat Cheese Finger Sandwiches for a baby shower that I was hosting. They have wonderful flavor and are perfect little finger appetizers for this occasion.
Everyone likes a substantial, filling appetizer at a party, and these little finger sandwiches fit the bill! They are filled with a creamy goat cheese/cream cheese mixture that is flavored with garlic, fresh thyme, parsley and salt/pepper. Thinly sliced cucumbers are added in to make a complete sandwich. They’re delicious little bites!
Ingredients needed for Finger Sandwiches:
- goat cheese
- cream cheese
- half and half cream
- fresh parsley
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh thyme
- thin-sliced bread
- hothouse cucumber
How to make Goat Cheese Finger Sandwiches:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
These goat cheese finger sandwiches are terrific appetizers for a party. Enjoy!
At good bakeries, they will slice loaves of bread for you- as thin as you’d like. Or you can buy thin-sliced sandwich bread. I like to use whole grain bread for this recipe, but you can certainly use any variety that you’d like.
Note that nutritional information can vary greatly on this recipe depending on the bread you’re using and how many sandwiches you create. The nutritional info shared in the recipe below is based on each sandwich being cut in half. There will be fewer calories also because the crusts are cut off and discarded.
The Best Sandwich Recipes:
- Best BLT Sandwich
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Roasted Strawberry Chicken Sandwich
- Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Goat Cheese Finger Sandwiches
- 10½ ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons half and half cream
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 40 thin slices whole grain bread
- 1 large unpeeled hothouse cucumber, sliced thinly
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cheeses, half and half and spices. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. You can add additional half and half if the mixture is too thick.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread half of the bread slices with the prepared spread. Arrange the cucumbers on top of the cheese, and top with the remaining bread.
- Press down slightly, trim crusts and cut sandwiches into triangles, thirds, or circles.
- *At good bakeries, they will slice loaves of bread for you- as thin as you'd like. Or you can buy thin-sliced sandwich bread.
- *Be sure to use "hothouse" cucumbers for this recipe.
- Note that nutritional information can vary greatly on this recipe depending on the bread you're using and how many sandwiches you create. The nutritional info shared is based on each sandwich being cut in half. There will be fewer calories also because the crusts are cut off and discarded.