This is the Best BLT sandwich, prepared with a spiced-up, special mayonnaise.
These are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. They’re good for lunch too, but they’re really substantial enough to make for dinner too. We love making our BLT Wraps (which utilized sun dried tomatoes instead of fresh tomato), but these are really the best BLT sandwich so we make them often!
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- minced garlic
- bread (your choice)
- crisp, cooked bacon
- mixed greens
What’s an easy way to make bacon?
When a recipe calls for cooked bacon, I always make my bacon in the oven because it’s so easy to do. There is very little clean-up or mess involved. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the strips of bacon on the foil. Bake until the bacon is browned and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Time in the oven will depend on how thick your bacon is. Let the bacon cool and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
How to make special mayonnaise for BLT’s:
Fixing up mayonnaise for BLT’s might seem like a silly thing to do in making the best BLT sandwich, but it really does make a difference! In this recipe, you’ll combine your favorite mayonnaise with extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and minced garlic. Refrigerate until well chilled.
How to make the Best BLT Sandwich:
The complete, printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
Spread all 8 slices of the toasted bread with the mayonnaise (amount is your preference). Layer bacon, tomato and greens on 4 slices.
Top with another slice of toasted bread.
Suggestions for changing up the recipe:
- Use a different kind of mayonnaise. There are so many kinds of mayonnaise on the market now, so feel free to use your favorite or try something new. Dijonnaise might be good!
- The bread you use will make a difference. Choose something you like! If you want to make it homemade, my Tomato Basil Bread is awesome to use for BLT’s.
- The type of bacon you choose to use can make a difference in the flavor too.
- In the summertime, use heirloom tomatoes!
The Best Sandwich Recipes:
- The Italian Grilled Cheese
- Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
- Pressed Italian Sandwiches
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Best BLT Sandwich
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 8 slices bread (your choice), toasted
- mayonnaise from recipe above
- 12 slices crisp, cooked bacon
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 handfuls gourmet mixed greens
PREPARE THE MAYONNAISE:
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until well chilled.
ASSEMBLE THE SANDWICHES:
- Spread all 8 slices of the toasted bread with mayonnaise (amount is your preference). Layer bacon, tomato and greens on 4 slices. Top with another slice of toasted bread.
- Cut into halves and serve.
- To vary the flavor, try using different types of bacon: smoked, honey-cured, etc., and different types of bread.