These BLT Wraps are a unique, easy twist on the classic BLT that’s perfect for Game Day or any day!
There are so many different reasons to make these, easy, 5-ingredient BLT Wraps. They’re good for lunch. Either eat them at home or tuck them into your kid’s lunch. They’re fun for a party served as appetizers on a platter (people always appreciate a more substantial choice at a party!) And they’re fun for serving at a Super Bowl or tailgate party too.
Here are a few more Game Day recipes you might like to try:
How to make BLT Wraps:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The first step is to make sun dried tomato mayonnaise. Simple combine mayonnaise with chopped sun dried tomatoes.
Spread the mayonnaise on a flour tortilla, leaving a border around the edge. Sprinkle chopped iceberg lettuce on top.
Then sprinkle on cooked bacon.
How to cook bacon in the oven:
Since this recipe calls for cooked and crumbled bacon, you’ll need to do that ahead of prep time. It’s easy to make it in the oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay the bacon on the baking sheet. Don’t overlap the bacon or it will all stick together! Bake the bacon for 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp. The time varies depending on how thick your bacon is. Move the bacon slices to paper towels to drain. Then crumble for this recipe.
Roll up the tortillas tightly, careful to keep the fillings inside. Grab a couple of large-sized picks. Cut the wrap in half on the diagonal and secure each half with a pick. This recipe makes 16 BLT halves- perfect for a big bash.
Since tortillas tend to be fairly sturdy, making these BLT Wraps the morning of your party is perfectly fine. Assemble them and stack them on a tray, wrap the tray well with plastic wrap, and take them out when they’re ready to be eaten.
I’ll admit, I could sit down and eat quite a few of these. That creamy, sun dried tomato mayonnaise mixed with the bacon and lettuce is really quite delicious. There are ways to lighten-up BLT Wraps if you’re concerned about that. Use whole grain or fat-free tortillas, light mayo, and turkey bacon. Regardless of how you prepare these, they’re going to be a welcome addition to any menu. Enjoy!
- 1 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- Eight 10-inch flour tortillas
- One head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 16 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and tomatoes. Spread evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Sprinkle lettuce and bacon evenly over the tortillas; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly; cut in half diagonally, and secure each half with a pick.
- *It's okay to use fat-free or low carb tortillas if you'd like to lighten things up a bit.
I made these last night and the family did the “mmm” thing on the first bite. Thanks for the recipe!
thanks for the wonderful recipe 🙂