These Crunchy BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Wraps are an easy, healthy recipe using grilled chicken, and they’re Weight Watchers friendly! Watch the short video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post to print out the complete recipe.
I’ve been working very hard at shedding some pounds lately. I’ve been devoting an hour to my treadmill at 6am every single morning, And I’ve been choosing products at the store that are helping me to limit my calories! Summer will be here before you know it, so making more Weight Watchers- friendly recipes are going to help make wearing swimsuits and shorts a more pleasant experience!
To celebrate the kick-off of grilling season, I wanted to create a recipe that was filling, delicious and included some time on the grill. I created a sandwich wrap full of lovely, crunchy goodies- one that will keep you full and satisfied. I used the Flatout ProteinUp CarbDown flatbread for this wrap (but any of the Flatout varieties will work).
How to make Crunchy BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Wraps:
The recipe begins with just 6 ounces of chicken that has been marinated in a little bit of sugar-free BBQ sauce. I use the really thin-cut sliced chicken so it will cook quickly on the grill.
To give the wrap a little more of that BBQ flavor, the Flatbread is spread with another tablespoon of the sauce.
The crunchy filling is a mix of chopped carrot, celery, bell pepper, jicama and the grilled chicken. All of that is mixed with a creamy yogurt- ranch dressing.
The addition of iceberg lettuce gives these wraps even more crunch. I’m pretty happy with how these turn out. It’s a pretty filling and flavorful lunch for such a light meal.
WW points are included at the top of this post, if you’re following the plan. This recipe makes enough for two Crunchy BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Wraps, and one serving is one wrap. Look for the Flatout brand wraps in the deli section of your local market.
Here are a few more wrap recipes you might enjoy:
- Crunchy Chicken Salad Wraps
- Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Salad Wrap
- BLT Wraps
- Southwestern Veggie Wraps
- Spicy Fish Wraps
Crunchy BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken Wraps
- 6 ounces thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons sugar free BBQ sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped jicama
- 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 Flatout Carb Down variety flatbreads
- 2/3 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- Combine the chicken and 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce in a plastic baggie and marinate for at least one hour. Preheat your grill and grill the chicken on both sides until cooked through. Finely chop the chicken and set aside to cool.
- Combine the yogurt and ranch dressing mix in a medium bowl. Add the jicama, bell pepper, carrot, celery and chopped chicken.
- Assemble the wraps: Lay out a piece of flatbread. Spread 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce down the middle. Spoon half of the chicken mixture down the middle. Top with 1/3 cup of lettuce. Roll up tightly, and slice in half. Repeat with the remaining flatbread.