This Grilled Salmon with Spinach is served with a Yogurt Dill Sauce drizzled on top.
Salmon is made often at my house, and this is one of the recipes that I enjoy most. What I like about it is that it can be viewed as a complete meal. Fresh spinach is sauteed with wine, garlic, and a little bit of nutmeg and pepper. The sauteed spinach is topped with grilled salmon. And there is a simple yogurt dill sauce drizzled on top.
If you’re eating low carb, this recipe works for you. There are only 7 carbs in each serving. And if you’re watching your weight, this is a good recipe for you too! Salmon is good for you, and the yogurt sauce is made with nonfat yogurt. If you are following the Weight Watchers program, this is a zero-point meal for you. Yahoo!
The salmon in this recipe is cooked on the grill. You can use your outdoor grill, or if you have a grill pan for the stove then you can use that too.
Grilled salmon filets are served on top of very simply sauteed spinach. If you’re not into spinach, you can leave this part of the recipe out entirely. The salmon and the sauce are very good on their own.
About the Yogurt-Dill Sauce:
Three ingredients make up the sauce: nonfat yogurt, horseradish and fresh dill. I recommend looking for regular nonfat yogurt (not Greek). Greek yogurt is too thick to make a sauce that is easily spooned over the salmon.
To serve, you’ll place the salmon filets on top of the sauteed spinach. Drizzle the yogurt sauce on top with fresh dill sprigs for garnish. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing. Enjoy!
Here are a few more salmon recipes you might like to try:
- Salmon Pasta
- Easy Salmon Cakes
- Salmon Wellington
- Honey Mustard Salmon in Foil
- Salmon BLT Sandwiches
- Baked Salmon Taquitos
- Easy One-Pan Maple Glazed Salmon
- Lemon Oregano Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes
Grilled Salmon with Spinach and Yogurt- Dill Sauce
YOGURT- DILL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill (save some extra sprigs for garnish)
- Four 6-ounce salmon filets
SPINACH AND ASSEMBLY:
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves (trimmed)
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges for garnish
PREPARE THE SAUCE:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until combined. Chill until ready to use.
PREPARE THE SALMON:
- Preheat the grill and spray the hot grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Grill the salmon over hot coals for 2 minutes per side, turning to make diamond or square grill marks for presentation. Remove the salmon to a platter and cover to keep warm.
PREPARE THE SPINACH:
- Heat the wine in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Sauté the garlic in hot wine for 1 minute. Add the spinach to the garlic mixture and sauté just until the spinach turns bright green and wilts. (If the garlic sticks to the pan, add 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or water). Sprinkle the spinach with nutmeg and pepper.
- Pat the spinach dry and portion evenly on 4 plates. Arrange the salmon so as to partially cover the spinach and drizzle with the sauce. Garnish each plate with 1 sprig of dill weed and 1 lemon wedge.
- If you wish to use frozen spinach instead of fresh, you'll use a 10-ounce package of frozen spinach (thawed).