This recipe for Grilled Salmon with Nectarine Salsa features simply grilled salmon fillets topped with a delicious, fresh nectarine-onion salsa.
When making salmon, I almost always turn to my favorite salmon recipe (barbecued salmon) because it’s just a go-to, fabulous recipe that everyone loves. But in the summer months when nectarines are ripe and juicy and wonderful, I like to make this grilled salmon with nectarine salsa. Fruit salsa served on top of salmon turns out to be a delicious idea. This is a great recipe!
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- fresh basil
- white wine vinegar
- grated orange zest
- freshly squeezed orange juice
- jalapeño pepper
- lime juice
- white sugar
- salt and pepper
- salmon fillets
How to make Grilled Salmon with Nectarine Salsa:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The first step is making the nectarine salsa, and it couldn’t be any easier! Stir together all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Then put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Instead of buying individual salmon fillets (expensive), look for a large piece of salmon and cut it into your own fillets. You’ll save money! I like to buy the large pieces of salmon at Costco.
- Change things up in this recipe by creating a peach salsa instead. Just replace the nectarines with peaches (but peels them first).
The Best Salmon Recipes:
- Grilled Salmon with Dill Pickle Butter
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Coconut Ginger Sauce
- Baked Pistachio Lemon Salmon
- Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze
- Grilled Salmon with Spinach and Yogurt Dill Sauce
Grilled Salmon with Nectarine Salsa
- 3 medium nectarines, coarsely chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ⅛ teaspoons salt
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
PREPARE THE SALSA:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chopped nectarines and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill the mixture for about two hours.
PREPARE THE SALMON AND SERVE:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350°-400°). Sprinkle the salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Grill the salmon, covered with a grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the grilled salmon immediately topped with the nectarine salsa. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges, if desired.