Here’s a simple recipe for Mini Smoked Salmon Pizzas. This is the perfect, super easy appetizer recipe to bring to a party.
For the base of this smoked salmon pizzas recipe, you simply use gyoza skins, which are basically Japanese won tons. You should be able to find them in the refrigerated section of your supermarket. If you have a difficult time locating them, substitute round won ton wrappers. The only “cooking” involved in this recipe is to bake the won ton wrappers to turn them into crispy bases for the topping.
Do I have to cook smoked salmon?
No, you do not have to cook smoked salmon. The smoking process cooks the salmon. You’ll find smoked salmon in your local market near the seafood section. It’s usually sold in sealed packaging.
The rest of the recipe is a piece of cake. You’ll mix light cream cheese with red onion, capers, dill and lemon zest. The cream cheese mixture is spread onto the crispy won tons, and then it’s topped with a piece of smoked salmon and sprinkled with chives to make it all pretty. That’s it!
It can’t get much easier than this. And these Smoked Salmon Pizzas look so impressive too!
If you’re looking for more ways to use smoked salmon, try these Egg Salad Cups with Smoked Salmon and Dill or Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs. You might also enjoy a delicious Smoked Salmon Dip or a warm and comforting Smoked Salmon Chowder.
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Mini Smoked Salmon Pizzas
- 24 gyoza skins (won ton wrappers)
- 4 ounces sliced cold-smoked salmon
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the wonton wrappers in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Lightly coat the wrappers with cooking spray. Bake 6 minutes or until crisp; cool.
- Cut the salmon into 24 little pieces. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, onion, capers, dill and lemon zest. Spread 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture on each wrapper; top each with 1 salmon piece. Garnish each with a sprinkle of chives.