These Mini Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes are topped with dulce de leche and chunks of Heath Bar candy bars.
Most people want chocolate for dessert. I’ll take dulce de leche, thank you. And cheesecake. And toffee. Heck, I’ll take these mini toffee crunch cheesecakes. Can we all eat three or four and run on the treadmill tomorrow?
You’ll need 3 miniature cheesecake pans to make this recipe. Each pan can make 12 mini cheesecakes, so if you want to make 36 then you’ll need all three. Not to worry… you can also make my mini carrot cake cheesecakes with cream cheese icing in those pans. So they’ll be put to good use!
How to make Mini Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Follow the directions in the recipe to make the crust. Spoonfuls of the buttery graham cracker mixture are pressed into the bottom of each cavity in the pan. The crust is baked for a short amount of time, and then you can give it time to cool.
Follow the directions in the recipe to make the cheesecake. Spoon the cheesecake filling over the crust in each pan. Bake until set- about 20 minutes. Let the cheesecakes cool.
To assemble your mini toffee crunch cheesecakes, carefully remove them from the pans and place them on a platter. Spoon dulce de leche on top. Stick a few chocolate toffee pieces on the dulce de leche. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Where can I find dulce de leche?
Dulce de leche can be found in your regular grocery store. It’s sold in a can in either the baking aisle or the latin products aisle. Alternately, you can make your own dulce de leche.
Mini Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes
- 2¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- Four 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- dulce de leche (canned or homemade)
- chopped chocolate toffee bars (such as Heath or Skor brand)
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray the bottoms of 36 mini cheesecake pans (the kind with the removable bottoms) with nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, stir together the crust ingredients until the mixture clumps together. Put a small spoonful into each cheesecake cup and use a spoon (or clean fingers) to press the crusts to the bottoms of the cups. Bake 8 to 12 minutes, until the crust appears to be slightly firm and begins to darken. Let cool, and reduce the oven temperature to 325° F.
PREPARE THE CHEESECAKE:
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the butter, then eggs, one at a time, until just blended. Beat in the vanilla and salt. Scoop the batter into the cheesecake cups onto the tops of the baked crust. Go ahead and fill each one almost to the top of the cup. They’ll rise but should then sink back down a bit when they come out of the oven. You may have a little bit of batter left over (bake extra in a small dish, if desired). Bake until set, about 18 to 22 minutes- watch closely and pull out of the oven when the cheesecakes are set (touch the tops and make sure they’re not jiggly, but firm). Cool completely at room temperature before adding the toppings.
ADD THE TOPPINGS:
- Carefully remove the cheesecakes from the pan- loosen the sides with a thin, sharp knife if needed. Slide the removable bottoms off and place the mini-cheesecakes on a platter. Scoop a small amount of dulce de leche onto the top of each cheesecake, and sprinkle with chocolate-toffee pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
These cheesecakes are absolutely amazing! I made them for a friend’s baby shower and they were definitely the favorite amongst the guests. I followed the recipe exactly, only thing I did differently was used paper baking cups in my mini cupcake pan because I didn’t have the pan with removeable bottoms and was afraid they would get stuck. This worked out great! My batch made more than the yield says though, I got 48 mini cheesecakes which was wonderful. You just have to try this recipe they are UNBELIEVABLE! And take the time to make the homemade dulce de leche its unreal, I am still eating spoonfuls of it!
Oh my goodness, I LOVE all 3 of the ingedients in the name of this yummy little dessert. I’m finding a reason to make these 🙂
I think I am in love…… I am so making this..
these were hit at my party last weekend!!! I owe it all to you thanks so much!!!
I love cheesecake, and these are adorable!