Olive and Goat Cheese Spread is a delicious appetizer to serve for a small gathering.
Easy appetizer is the name of the game here. When you want to put out a little something to have with wine or cocktails, this Olive and Goat Cheese Spread is a great choice. Olives are always the perfect pairing with goat cheese, and the simple dressing added in makes this an awesome appetizer.
How to make Olive and Goat Cheese Spread:
You’ll start with olives. Kalamata olives are the olives that are called for in this recipe, but you can use a medley of different kinds of olives if you’d like. The olives are chopped and then spread evenly on an appetizer platter. Goat cheese is then sprinkled on top of the olives. I like to use a log of goat cheese and crumble it apart myself (rather than use the already-crumbled variety). I just think it tastes better. Alternately, you can use feta cheese.
The “marinade” for the appetizer is a mix of olive oil, capers, balsamic vinegar, parsley, oregano and garlic. That’s all whisked together and then drizzled over the olives and goat cheese. Give it a chance to marinate for about an hour, and then this olive and goat cheese spread will be ready to serve.
The best serving pieces for entertaining with appetizers:
For this recipe, you need a simple platter with a spreader. Also, I use this white appetizer tray for a ton of appetizer recipes that I make. I love it because it has a little ridge around the side, so it maintains any juices from the appetizer and keeps them from drizzling off the plate.
What to serve with Olive and Goat Cheese Spread:
This appetizer spread lends itself well to serve with sliced baguette. Since there will be some herbed olive oil on the platter, bread is a natural for soaking up some of that. You can also choose to serve this spread with sturdy crackers. This is a self-serve kind of appetizer with a little spreader used for transferring the goodies to the bread or crackers. Alternately, you can spoon the olives and goat cheese onto baguette slices and display them for easy grabbing.
Whip up this Olive and Goat Cheese Spread the next time you have a handful of your favorite friends coming over. They’ll be pleasantly surprised and delighted at your efforts to serve something so delicious. Enjoy!
Here are a few more appetizer spread recipes you might like to try:
- Cranberry Caramelized Onion Cheese Spread
- Butternut Squash Spread on Baguette Slices
- Smoked Trout Spread
- Vegetable Goat Cheese Spread
- Whipped Feta Spread
- Apple Cheese Spread
- Pimento Cheese Spread
- Sweet Caramelized Onion Spread
Olive and Goat Cheese Spread
- 1 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle the olives on a serving plate. Crumble the goat cheese over the olives and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the marinade. Pour the marinade over the the goat cheese and olives and let marinate at room temperature for at least an hour to allow the flavors to blend. Sprinkle pepper on top. Serve with baguette and/or crackers.