Apple Cheese Spread is an easy-to-assemble appetizer spread to serve with crackers.
Apple Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple (peeled, cored and grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese, Cheddar, and brandy until smooth.
- Gently stir in the apple. Add the basil, oregano, thyme, and pepper; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a serving dish; cover and chill for approximately 1 hour. Serve with crackers or crostini.
- It's ok to use reduced-fat cream cheese, but do use regular sharp cheddar for maximum flavor.