This recipe for Pasta with Spring Vegetables is a lighter pasta dish. Add spoonfuls of Parmesan to make it more decadent.
Pasta with Spring Vegetables
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 12 ounces cellantani pasta (short corkscrews)- or any pasta
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends broken off, spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise in 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 whole scallions, thinly sliced
- grated peel and juice from 1 lemon
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as package directs, adding peas 3 minutes before pasta is done. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Add asparagus, squash and snap peas. Sauté, stirring often, 3 minutes or until almost crisp-tender. Stir in garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until tomatoes begin to release their juices.
- Stir cornstarch into broth until blended. Add to skillet and simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add vegetables, scallions, lemon peel and juice to pasta; toss to mix and coat. Sprinkle servings with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving (recipe divided into 8 servings): Calories 345, Fat 3g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 586g, Potassium 733mg, Carbohydrates 66g, Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugar 7.5g, Net, Carbs 57g, Protein 15g
- 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints per serving (count Parmesan as extra)