When it’s spring and asparagus are everywhere and affordable, this Spring Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus is the salad to try!
I’ve made some different variations of this salad before, and they are all really delicious. Normally a fan of very firm asparagus either steamed or sauteed, this particular method of roasting the asparagus really brings out a lot more flavor.
You might also like my Asparagus and Goat Cheese Salad or my Asparagus Apple Salad with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette.
Spring Lettuce Salad with Roasted Asparagus
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 ounces mixed greens
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved into curls with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat oven to 450°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for about 8 minutes, until just tender and the tips begin to turn brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard and the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Arrange the salad on plates and top with the roasted asparagus and cheese curls. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the asparagus and serve.