In this fabulous dish: Penne with Roasted Vegetables and Goat Cheese, the goat cheese melts immediately with the hot pasta and hot roasted veggies to make a great ‘sauce’ for this dish. The splash of balsamic gives it just the right touch.
Penne with Roasted Vegetables and Goat Cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups ¼-inch-thick sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups ¼-inch-thick sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package directions, omitting the salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the squash and the next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned, stirring after 10 minutes. Drizzle the vinegar over the vegetables; toss well.
- In a large bowl, combine the hot pasta, vegetable mixture, goat cheese, basil and thyme, and toss well. Serve!