A delicious pasta recipe! > Penne with Mushrooms, Tomato and Gorgonzola Cheese
Penne with Mushrooms, Tomato and Gorgonzola Cheese
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, basil, thyme, oregano and red pepper. Mix well. Sauté until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the tomatoes. Sauté for 1 minute. Add broth and garlic and mix well. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Combine hot pasta with mushroom mixture in large bowl, tossing to mix. Spoon onto serving platter and sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Serve immediately.
- When cooking pasta, use plenty of boiling water with a little vegetable oil and a pinch of salt. Cook until pasta is tender but still firm to the bite (al dente). Drain quickly and add a small amount of butter or oil before serving. This helps the pasta stay moist, and it won't stick together.