My Mom used to make these Stuffed Peppers all the time for our family when I was little. This version is very similar to what she made for us in the 70’s!
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
- 6 large green, red and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- One 15-ounce can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (or use shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tops off of the peppers, then scoop out seeds and membranes and discard.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook until browned; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stuff the peppers and place in a rimmed casserole dish. Bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.