This Veal Scallops recipe is nice served with green beans and orzo, and paired with a dry white wine.
Veal Scallops with Capers, Vermouth and Dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound veal scallops (about ¼-inch thick)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
- Place the flour in a low-lying bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece of veal with the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the veal the the pan and cook until light brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and cover with foil.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to the skillet and melt, scraping up any browned bits. Add the vermouth and capers and bring to a boil. turn off the heat, add the dill, season with salt and pepper and pour over veal on the platter.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, use a GF all-purpose flour alternative.