Ziti with Vodka Sauce is a delicious, classic pasta dish. The sauce is a creamy, cheesy sauce with a little tomato added in.
This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. I love a sauce that’s in-between a cream sauce and a tomato sauce, and this is that kind of sauce. You don’t taste the vodka at all. I don’t hesitate serving it to my family. There are four tablespoons of vodka in the whole recipe, and you don’t taste it at all. It’s so delicious. I hope you’ll try it!
- salted butter
- sour cream
- milk or cream
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- tomato sauce
- white pepper
- ziti pasta
How to make Ziti with Vodka Sauce:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and fresh basil on top.
What does vodka do for vodka sauce?
In a vodka sauce, the vodka helps maintain a cohesive texture, allowing the creaminess to meld with the tomato base. You can also use wine, but that would add flavor. You’re really just using the vodka for the texture- you won’t taste it
Ziti with Vodka Sauce is terrific with a great caesar salad, and crusty french bread to scoop up the extra sauce. Enjoy!
The Best Ziti Recipes:
- Burrata Baked Ziti
- Ziti Carbonara with Salami
- Sausage and Spinach Baked Ziti
- Skillet Baked Ziti
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Ziti with Vodka Sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan (plus additional for serving)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (plus more for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 dash white pepper
- 8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1½ shots (about 4½ tablespoons) vodka
- In a medium skillet, brown the garlic in melted butter. Add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta and vodka. Stir until bubbly and heated through.
- Add the vodka to the sauce and pour over the cooked pasta. Place in individual pasta bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan and chopped basil.
- I like to double the sauce recipe because my husband loves it so much!
- In a pinch, you can use marinara sauce in place of tomato sauce.
This looks wonderful! When I make — I’m going to add shrimp…
Never tried vodka in a recipe before. I’m definitely intrigued, will give it a try. And thanks for including my creamy caprese pasta in your list.