This Linguine with Tomatoes Basil and Brie is the best summer pasta recipe! Here we have hot linguine tossed with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and melted brie.
This is such a good dinner recipe to make in the summer when you have easy access to super fresh, ripe tomatoes and fresh basil too. It’s simple. And it just works.
When you add chunks of room temperature brie to hot linguine, it melts into the pasta leaving little bits of brie behind. It’s important that the brie is very much room temperature so it reaches that soft and creamy texture.
With every bite of this pasta you’ll get a little of that creamy brie flavor. And if you’re as in love with brie as I am, this will be your most favorite pasta dish ever.
Brie is creamy and wonderful for sure. It’s rich. It’s decadent. This is not a low fat recipe, by any means.
If you think of it as a comfort food dinner treat on a day that you had an extra good workout then this recipe will work out just fine. And if you don’t care about any of that then you don’t have anything to worry about at all!
Every bite is worth every delicious calorie. I view this one as a once or twice per summer kind of dinner.
If you find your mouth watering at the description of this Linguine with Tomatoes Basil and Brie, then I suggest you try making it at least once. It’s impressive and SO DELICIOUS, and it will be well received by those people you make it for!
Linguine with Tomatoes Basil and Brie
Such a lovely summer dinner recipe!
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 16 ounces brie, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra- virgin olive oil
- several pinches crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 ounces linguine
- Combine all ingredients (except pasta) in a serving bowl large enough to hold the cooked pasta and sauce. Stir gently to combine. Set aside at room temperature for at least two hours.
- Cook linguine in salted water until al dente. Drain and add to the tomato mixture. Toss gently to distribute sauce. Serve immediately.