This Sun Dried Tomato Pasta recipe is delicious and so simple to make!
This isn’t a heavy, cream-laden pasta dish. Most of the time, my family tends to be drawn to the most fattening, creamy pasta dishes ever. But we enjoy this one too, for sure. It’s delicious.
- rotini pasta
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- sun dried tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Sun Dried Tomato Pasta:
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Save a little of the pasta water and set it aside. Then drain the pasta. Pasta water is fabulous for adding to the pasta dish later if things seem a little dry. This works for all pasta recipes!
Heat olive oil, white wine vinegar and garlic. Sauté mushrooms and broccoli in this simple sauce. Add in sun dried tomatoes. Then combine it all with the cooked pasta. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
It’s easy to add shrimp or chicken to this sun dried tomato pasta recipe, if you’d like – just toss it in! Enjoy!
Here are a few more pasta recipes you might like to try:
- Ravioli Primavera
- Rigatoni in Vodka Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Pasta Shells
- Rotini with Shrimp
- Tomato Beef Pasta
Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, save ½ cup pasta water, and then drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In large saucepan, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, vinegar and garlic, and then add the broccoli and mushrooms. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until the broccoli is slightly tender. Add the sun dried tomatoes and simmer for an additional 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the saucepan containing the broccoli-mushroom-tomato mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir in the sun dried tomatoes. If the pasta seems like it needs more liquid, stir in a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve warm topped with fresh Parmesan cheese.