I love this colorful dinner recipe: Ravioli Primavera
Health experts say you should eat the rainbow, right? Their reasoning behind that, of course, is that if you’re eating a rich variety of colors in your diet then you’re probably getting a good intake of vegetables.
This ravioli recipe is perfect for that!
Spinach and cheese ravioli is combined with a wonderful vegetable-rich, light broth-based sauce. It makes for a delicious dinner.
Top with a good dose of shredded Parmesan cheese, if you’d like!
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:22 minutes
- 12 ounces cheese and spinach ravioli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 pounds plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved or shredded Parmesan, optional
- Begin heating water in a medium pot for the ravioli. Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil until hot (not smoking), over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté, stirring until tender (2 minutes). Stir in the carrot and 2 tablespoons of the broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until the carrot is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broccoli and the remaining broth, stirring to coat. Stir in the tomatoes and 1/2 cup water and cook until broccoli is tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the peas, corn, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Continue to cook until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the ravioli and toss. Serve in 4 shallow bowls. Top with Parmesan, if desired.