A simple salad with a fantastic dressing: Field Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette and Sugared Pecans
Field Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette and Sugared Pecans
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup sweetened, dried cranberries (craisins)
- Prepare pecans: Heat nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Add pecans and cook for 6 minutes, stirring until lightly toasted. Sprinkle with sugar and red pepper and cook an additional minute. Remove from heat and cool on wax paper.
- Prepare vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into bowl; cover and chill. (Makes 1 1/3 cups and will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week).
- Prepare salad: Combine greens, 3/4 cup of citrus vinaigrette, and orange sections in a large bowl. Toss well.
- To serve, place 1 cup of greens mixture on each of 8 plates. Top with 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans and 1 1/2 teaspoons cranberries. Serve immediately.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use brands of Dijon and soy sauce that are GF.