Love, love, LOVE this salad recipe: Pear and Apple Salad with Gruyere and Toasted Pecans
Pear and Apple Salad with Gruyere and Toasted Pecans
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 head Boston lettuce, chopped
- 6 ounces spinach, chopped
- 2 medium ripe Anjou or Comice Pears
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound seedless grapes, halved
- 5 ounces Gruyere cheese, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the middle of the oven for 8 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool to room temperature, then chop coarsely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Place the lettuce and spinach in a medium salad bowl and toss together. Core the pears and apples and cut them into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a separate bowl and toss with the lemon juice. Add the pears and apples to the salad bowl along with the grapes, Gruyere and dressing; toss.
- Sprinkle the toasted pecans on top, and serve.