This Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine is a delicious and easy pasta recipe. Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, and then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
This is a comforting pasta dish full of hot fettuccine noodles that have been tossed in a light cream sauce with oodles of sauteed mushrooms and chicken. My husband and I love pasta like there’s no tomorrow. That’s not such a great thing, I guess… but when it’s made with delicious ingredients, who can resist?? This Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine is one of our favorite dishes to make for dinner.
My husband and I happily gobble up every bite of this pasta when we make it for dinner. My son refuses to eat mushrooms, so he’s not into this one. I’m thankful that he’s beginning to eat tomatoes… and that he’s fairly willing to try most other vegetables, but I just can’t get him to eat those darn mushrooms. Oh well, more for me! I keep telling him that someday he will LOVE mushrooms. He does not believe me- ha!
If you’re a mushroom lover, then this Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine dish is for you. And if you’re not a mushroom lover, you can certainly push them aside or leave them out.
More fettuccine recipes you may enjoy:
- Buffalo Chicken Fettuccine
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Fettuccine with Swiss Chard and Garlic
- Crab Fettuccine
- Creamy Pesto Fettuccine with Mushrooms & Tomatoes
Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook 3 minutes on each side, or until tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan, let it rest for a couple of minutes, and then slice it into small strips and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Sprinkle with flour, stirring quickly. Stir in the broth and milk. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, until the mixture thickens- stirring occasionally. Stir in the cheeses and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the skillet; cook, stirring for about 2 minutes, until the chicken warms up.
- Arrange the fettuccine on four plates. Top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with parsley.