When you have access to fresh crab, make Crab Fettuccine!
In this crab fettuccine recipe, hot cooked fettuccine pasta noodles are tossed with a creamy crab sauce. It’s the sort of thing you might see on a restaurant menu, but it’s sure easy to make at home! As my husband always says, “It’s restaurant quality!”
Our family is pasta addicted. Yours too? We sure love our pasta every which way you can make it. And we probably indulge in it all too often, but it’s kind of irresistible. Pasta is one of those ingredients that is easy to find, easy to make, and pretty affordable too. Just add a few ingredients to pasta, and you can transform it into whatever you want. And that’s why it’s so fabulous.
What ingredients are needed for the sauce?
The sauce is made up of butter, garlic, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Oh, and crab too! I like to go to my seafood counter and ask for exactly what the recipe calls for: 1/2 pound of crab. That’s not a huge amount of crab, so it won’t break the bank. I think fresh/frozen crab is much better than canned.
Tip: Costco also sells crab in their refrigerated section. I like that too, but you’ll have extra crab leftover to use for another recipe.
While the sauce is cooking, the fettuccine noodles can be cooking too. Hot, cooked noodles are added to the sauce and then all is tossed together. The result is noodles coated with that wonderful, creamy crab sauce! Fresh parsley is sprinkled on top.
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Your Crab Fettuccine is done, and you didn’t even have to go out to a restaurant to order it. You saved a bunch of cash too. I’m going to suggest that you serve this with a little bit of white wine. That sounds heavenly now, doesn’t it?
Here are a few more seafood pasta recipes you might like to try…
- Creamy Gruyere and Shrimp Pasta
- Salmon Pasta
- Chipotle Beer Shrimp with Pasta
- Lobster Pasta
- Pasta with Shrimp and Feta
- Salmon Fusilli
- Pan Seared Scallop Pasta
- Rotini with Shrimp
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Melt the butter in a large skillet; add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the crab, cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Heat, stirring constantly, until blended.
- Add the hot cooked noodles to the sauce. Toss lightly and serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.