This Salmon Fusilli is simply a perfect pasta dish.
If your family is anything like my family, they tell you they want pasta for dinner every single night. I’m all for it! At least I used to be. I seriously could eat pasta every single night. But when you reach a certain age, your body doesn’t handle over-consumption of pasta very well. So these days, pasta is more of a treat for us to make for dinner!
- dried fusilli pasta
- fresh salmon
- all purpose flour
- salted butter
- vegetable or canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- dry white wine
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- dried tarragon or Italian seasoning
- low-sodium chicken broth
- sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
How to make Salmon Fusilli:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Fusilli is the pasta of choice for this recipe. It’s a twisted noodle, and it handles the sauce well. If you can’t find fusilli, penne pasta is a good substitution.
Add the cooked fusilli pasta, and toss gently. Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top, if desired.
We love our salmon. We eat salmon an awful lot, and it happens to be good when added to pasta too. You’ll need 8 ounces (1/2 pound) of salmon for this recipe. Feel free to add more if you want it to be heavy on the salmon!
Sautéed mushrooms and shallots add good flavor to this salmon pasta dish. This Salmon Fusilli recipe serves just two, so you can either enjoy it with your favorite person, or put half of it in the refrigerator to be consumed later. Enjoy!
The Best Pasta Recipes:
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Skillet Pasta Carbonara
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Pasta with Garden Bolognese Sauce
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 6 ounces dried fusilli pasta
- 8 ounces fresh salmon (skin removed), cut into chunks
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (light is okay)
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- Cook fusilli in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- On a medium-high setting, heat a large nonstick skillet. Toss the salmon in flour to coat very lightly. Heat the butter and oil in the skillet. When the butter melts, add the salmon and stir to coat with butter. Add the mushrooms and shallots to the pan. Toss gently. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the white wine, lemon juice, tarragon, capers and broth. Cook, stirring gently until well-blended. Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Add fusilli and toss gently. Divide into two servings and serve immediately.