This Salmon Fusilli is simply a perfect pasta dish.
If your family is anything like my family, they tell you they want pasta for dinner every single night. I’m all for it! At least I used to be. I seriously could eat pasta every single night. But when you reach a certain age, your body doesn’t handle over-consumption of pasta very well. So these days, pasta is more of a treat for us to make for dinner!
Fusilli is the pasta of choice for this recipe. It’s a twisted noodle, and it handles the sauce well. If you can’t find fusilli, penne pasta is a good substitution.
We love our salmon. We eat salmon an awful lot, and it happens to be good when added to pasta too. You’ll need 8 ounces (1/2 pound) of salmon for this recipe. Feel free to add more if you want it to be heavy on the salmon!
Mushrooms and shallots are sauteed with the salmon to add some good flavor. And the sauce is made up of chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, sour cream, capers and tarragon. You’ll combine the cooked pasta with the sauce just before serving.
This Salmon Fusilli recipe serves just TWO, so you can either enjoy it with your favorite person, or put half of it in the refrigerator to be enjoyed later!
Here are a few more delicious ways to prepare salmon that you might like to try:
- Easy Salmon Cakes Recipe
- Salmon with Browned Butter, Almonds and Capers
- Lemon- Oregano Salmon with Roasted Tomatoes
- Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon
- Salmon with Mustard and Brown Sugar Glaze
- Lemon- Dill Marinated Salmon
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Salmon Recipe
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Coconut- Ginger Sauce
- 6 ounces dried fusilli pasta
- 8 ounces fresh salmon (skin removed), cut into chunks
- all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (light is okay)
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- Cook fusilli in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- On a medium-high setting, heat a large nonstick skillet. Toss the salmon in flour to coat very lightly. Heat the butter and oil in the skillet. When the butter melts, add the salmon and stir to coat with butter. Add the mushrooms and shallots to the pan. Toss gently. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the white wine, lemon juice, tarragon, capers and broth. Cook, stirring gently until well-blended. Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
- Add fusilli and toss gently. Divide into two servings and serve immediately.