This Pasta with Garden Bolognese Sauce is Weight Watchers friendly, it’s quick to make, and it’s perfectly filling and delicious.
Pasta with Garden Bolognese Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chopped portobello mushroom caps (about 1 large mushroom)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (26 ounce) bottle fat-free marinara sauce
- 6 cups hot cooked ziti (about 3 cups uncooked short tubular pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add carrot and next 4 ingredients; sauté 10 minutes. Add mushroom, oregano, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine and marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over ziti and sprinkle with cheese.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 cup pasta, 1 cup sauce and 1/4 cup cheese) Calories: 411, Fat: 8.87g, Saturated Fat: 3.86g, Sugar: 11.53g, Fiber: 6.78g, Protein: 20.21g, Cholesterol: 21.12mg, Carbohydrates: 65.93g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving (recipe divided by 6) Freestyle SmartPoints: 11, Points Plus Program: 11, Old Points Program: 8