This Pasta with Garden Bolognese Sauce is weight watching friendly, it’s quick to make, and it’s perfectly filling and delicious. And, if you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Pasta with Garden Bolognese Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1¾ cups (about 1 large mushroom) chopped portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- One 26-ounce jar fat-free marinara sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 6 cups hot cooked ziti (about 3 cups uncooked short tubular pasta)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the shredded carrots, onion, celery and bell peppers; sauté 10 minutes. Add the mushroom, oregano, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and wine, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over ziti and sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Cheese option: Spoon the sauce over ziti in a baking dish and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake until bubbly.