This family-friendly, healthy pasta dish is packed full of veggies and more: Three Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
Yield: 8 servings (1 cup per serving)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Three Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) carton nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, oregano, and black pepper; sauté 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until very smooth. Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk and soup in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Nutritional Information per serving: Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 269, Fat: 5.4g, Saturated Fat: 2.7g, Sugar: 4.9g, Fiber: 2.8g, Protein: 23.7g, Cholesterol: 18.5g, Carbohydrates: 32.1g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: SmartPoints: 8, PointsPlus: 7, Old Points Program: 5
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted slightly from Cooking Light)